Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why does republican Andrew Napolitano lie?

He said, "A bill that could restrict free speech when the president is nearby was signed by President Barack Obama "in secret.""

This is a lie, no bill could be signed in secret. Bills are first created in the House of Representatives, and cannot be signed into law in secret.

If it was "signed in secret" then how could you know about it.

Napolitano said the law was signed "in secret." But the path of H.R. 347 to the president's desk was very public.

It was introduced in public, discussed in public, voted on in public, and then signed the same way as most bills. The White House says it posted the bill on its web page for legislation awaiting the president’s signature.

It’s true that there weren't cameras present, but if they had been, what would they have captured? That Obama signed the bill. That fact was announced by the White House the same day in a statement sent to thousands of journalists.

There may be legitimate reasons to question whether the law infringes on constitutional rights. But there were many occasions during its public consideration when critics could have questioned lawmakers and the White House about the law. We rate the claim Pants on Fire.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You seem to have an irrational phobia about anyone who does not agree with you.

• 9 years ago

No........He did not lie!

It was supposed to be up on his site but I was looking for it and it was never posted.

This is just another small step for our Marxist President to squash our First Amendment right.

Now after saying that , I guess this law can actually could consider me as a combatant and throw me in jail and throw away the key. huh!

And before you forget, the president can now detain you for getting too close to his front yard, order your assassination if the country considers you a threat and lock you away for life with no charge if you’re alleged to be a terrorist. You, on the other hand, can’t yell obscenities at Newt Gingrich without risking arrest.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.