Is it possible to become an actor, composer AND writer?

I'm 13 years old and my dream is to become a professional actor, writer AND composer all at the same time. How can I study music, writing and drama together? Will this be possible? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I don't see why not. I know people like that in real life. Talented people with multiple skill sets.

Some composers like to write the book as well as the music when they write musicals. Many actors write.

A lot of times actors need to create projects for themselves showcasing their talents. If you can write and compose you could come up with your own material to perform and not worry about using copyrighted material.

The more skills you have in the arts, the more often you will be working. Not everyone with multiple talents will end up using them all equally. As you pursue all three, you may find that you prefer one over the others. Or you may find yourself offered more work in one of the fields over the others.

Doing more that one type of art is pretty common and quite possible. Most of the people I know get hired for more than one thing.

• Cogito

Achieving just one of these is extremely hard work. To get anywhere at all three would be next to impossible.

But tackling one at a time - maybe.

Anyone can be a writer. Of course, it depends on how good you are whether or not you get published, but just get writing and see how it goes.

Composing - you'd probably need to take a degree in music, but after that it's all down to saleability. Do people want to buy what you write? That's largely a matter of luck.

Actor - you'll need many years of good classes, loads of experience and of course a huge talent.

If you can squeeze all that work into your life - good luck!

Hello there, as i've entered top institution i've rapidly spotted that having an artistic aspect of in need of to pursue a creative profession is frowned upon. My institution district (Clovis Unified) needs the very first-rate academically. That is comprehensible, however they stifle us with such a lot paintings and strain, that we as children don't get to benefit from the complete revel in of formative years.I had a convention with my counselor and my father a whilst again, and while the counselor requested what i desired to do while i used to be older. I mentioned that i might love to pursue a tune profession. That concept used to be shot down instantly, as a substitute changed with a industry profession pathway. I have now simply slowly stopped worrying approximately my institution paintings and centered extra on what i real experience doing, gambling guitar and writing. I might instead do anything i like and make little cash than do anything i hate and make tons of cash. Iam a 14 12 months historical scholar and that i would care much less approximately being best or being positive in "their" eyes.

• Kevin7

It is possible but show business,writing and the arts are some of the toughest businesses on Earth.Very few people do well in those fields alone,they usually have other jobs. If you wish to do well study to a drama teacher at university so you have a profession to fall back upon

It could be possible!!

Some actor's are writers.

It'll take time but if you're working for what you love, it'll be fast!

Good Luck!!

Its totally possible! Dream big or go home, right?