Brianne asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Obama did sign a Martial Law bill March 16th, what do think it means?

I've been looking it up and found it on the official White House site but it didn't really say why. Other sources are saying different things including internationally. Some thinking it could be war or economics. Just curious, not heard it on FOX and not slamming Obama.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • MDez
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Most people are too ignorant to realize that he did reauthorize this bill but also added to it and included that he was allowed to declare martial law during war time AND peace time. which is odd, not to mention the NDAA clause for indefinite detention, and the order from DOHS for Halliburton to start readying 'internment camps'. String it all together and what do you have?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

He also said he would veto the Tea party clauses in the NDAA. They timed it so there was an emergency situation. he had to add a signing clause.

Tea Party is attaching all kinds of crap to bills. I am not kidding about Gubber Norquist..he gets on TV and says this crap...What is the Tea Party Plan?

There is no choice this election...Tea Party Congress is Grover Norquist and he is an admitted brotherhood of Islam that says he want to shrink the US Gov so small he can flush it down the bathtub.... Google ...

Tea Party must go

No more party whores Boom chicka boom boom

2016 will be republican and democrat free if you cazre.

• 8 years ago

Nothing, since a Republican-controlled House also passed that bill. How bad could it really be then? Did Republicans decide, "Let's give Obama these sweeping powers just so we can politicize it and claim Obama is making a huge power-grab"?

• Sarah
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

"not slamming Obama" but you are falsely claiming that he signed a martial law bill.

The FACT is that this is a reauthorization of the same bill signed by Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, and dates back to the 70's.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think it means you've been reading April Fools jokes from a couple days ago.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It's mainly in effect to control the Supreme court judges. He is mad at them.

• 8 years ago

No - the anonymous chain email you got was lying.

Don't believe every stupid thing you read online.

• eric
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Using your imagination I see

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

are you 11 or just a total turdbrain?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I guess that was his birthday present to me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.