Help on my 'lose weight over Summer' plan? :p?

I'm 13 and in my school, we get 6 weeks off for summer.

By the time I go back to school, I want to have least lost a bit of weight or started healthy eating, exercising etc.

Please could you give advice on how I can lose weight over Summer?

P.S don't suggest joining a gym, I don't wan't to gain too much muscle so that it stands out.

I'm not used to healthy eating OR exercising everyday. I'm over weight and I need advice.

Please help? :)

47 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

If you don't have equipment at home to exercise, then you NEED to join a gym. You don't need to lift weights for muscle. Using the elliptical trainer, treadmill and bicycle will help you lose weight. If you don't want to join a gym and is able to go running outside, then I would suggest you do that. Running will for sure help you lose weight and tone your body fast.

I would recommend you exercise daily or 4-5 times a week for 1 hour (Very good results). If this is too much for you, then aim fro 4-5 times a week for 30 minutes and then increase that to an hour.

Make sure you eat 3 meals a day, and 2 snacks in between. Breakfast can be anything like cereal with fruit and yogurt or egg with toast and fruit. Lunch can be a sandwich with protein such as a turkey sandwich or a tuna sandwich. Dinner can be anything like fish or chicken with veggies. Snacks can be things like a small amount of nuts or yogurt or fruit and veggies.

Aim for 1200-1500 calories a day (NOT less than 1200) and if you're planning on exercising a lot, make sure you have enough calories like 1500 or 1600 a day because you will be burning lots of calories.

Drink 8 glasses of cold water daily and that's it :D Good luck!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

What do you have to work out with ? do you have some weight at home ? if not then this is how you do it. First get these 2 books at public Library. Wai Lana's Favorite Juices , and Juicing Fasting and Detoxing for life. these will give you a better understanding of your body and health. then Start Juicing for your health and to lose weight ,fresh fruits and fresh vegetables only, add nuts for protein, but the right kind and even drinking water will help you lots of it and some lemon juice as this will kick in fat burners. then i want you to use yahoo to print out a page that will give you a good idea of the foods you should be eating and a healthy way to judge your health. type in on your header bar Alkaline foods, then scroll down the page till you come to a topic called, Detailed Listing of Acid/Alkaline Forming Foods print this out and live and learn a better way of eating healthy.

• greg
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

insulin keeps you from burning fat. adrenaline burns fat.

do eat carbs, but don't eat anything for 3 hours before a workout because insulin is high for 2 hours after eating.. exercise at least 30 minutes. the longer you exercise, the more insulin goes down, and adrenaline is released.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

hello

I also like you, do not like to exercise and eat a healthy food ... not just live a healthy life.

before each meal you need to eat half a grapefruit ... it regulates insulin and therefore help you lose weight...

it helped me to lose weight!

greets!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

swap out brown rice or quinoa yes even the new super food which both add up to about 220 calories per cup for cauliflower or roasted peppers that are only about 30 calories per cup

• Pedro
    Lv 5
    3 years ago

jog on the treadmill at 4 mph for 25 minutes or at 7 mph for 9 minutes

• Jacki
    Lv 5
    3 years ago

having less than 1 200 calories a day may slow down your metabolism

• 4 years ago

remember these five essential smoothie ingredients frozen berries a banana skim milk a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of psyllium seed husks

• 3 years ago

set your computer alarm to ring hourly stand up for 1 to 5 minutes each time it goes off

• 3 years ago

spend 10 minutes a day walking up and down stairs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.