Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 9 years ago

what are plants native to zone 10?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

In South Florida There are many native plants and trees. Here is a list off the top of my head to choose from

PALM AND TREES

Sabal Palms

Key Thatch Palm

Buccaneer Palm

Saw Palmetto

Live Oak

Seagrape

Pidgeon Plum

Silver and Green Buttonwood

Pond Apple

Gumbo Limbo

Orange Geiger

Mahogany

Dade County pine, and slash pine

PLANTS

Cocoplum

Dwarf firebush

Firebush

Lantana

Fakahatchee Grass

Wild Coffee

Sword fern

Zamia Floridana

Myrsine

Sunshine Mimosa

Simpson Stopper

Dune sunflower

Sea oats

These are the most widely growing and used native plants in Zone 10, Florida

Let me know if you want a list of other worldwide zone 10 plants.

Source(s): I'm a plant freak!
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Plants are native to geographical locations, not zone conditions. What works in zone 10 in Florida can be very different from what works in zone 10 in Australia.

• 9 years ago

Let's not forget AZ and California also have zone 10 and their climates are different from one another and different from Florida. Zone maps are just concerned with average low temperature and do not take into consideration moisture or heat degrees.....summer heat. So zone 10 in Calif would be coastal area AND the deset in SW Calif while in AZ it is one section over by Organ Pipe(cactus) National Monument. In Florida it is the far southern tip.

You might want to specify what Zone 10s: Florida.....not all of these are native:http://free.naplesplus.us/articles/view.php/43631/...

Calif: http://www.ehow.com/about_6312454_zone-10-flowers-... (as a starter)

AZ around Sonoyta (OrganPipe) http://www.desertmuseum.org/center/swbiodiversity....

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Aspen is a mountain loving tree. It possibly won't do properly in Alabama. some zone a million-7 timber could properly be coaxed in zone 8, yet i do no longer think you may have plenty success with Aspen. Sorry seem at another birches? they could paintings and that they are close.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Both climate and soil conditions determine what will grow well.

Zone ten runs all across the state of Texas. In East Texas the soil tends to be acid in West Texas it is alkaline. In East Texas there much more humidity and rainfall. In West Texas there much less humidity and less rain fall.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.