Buy or Sell: Anthony Davis is the next Bill Russell...?

Larry Brown and Bob Knight said (on Mike & Mike) that Anthony David is in the same class as Wilt, Oscar and Russell, and that he will be the next Bill Russell.

Brown even said he'll instantly make any NBA team he plays for a 50 win team.

I'm thinking he'll be more like Marcus Camby in the NBA.

Favorite Answer

I dont see it. I think davis will be a good big man, but I just don't see him being a franchise changer, I agree with the Marcus camby comparision

I see him more like Tim Duncan. i'm not saying he is exactly like TD, but there are similarities. Davis is already coming out of college defensive minded like Duncan was. I'm sure his post skills will only get better. And lets not forget how mature he is already. How many freshmen could help lead this many ego's to a title in 1 year? Not many.

hes a good player but like any college player there is probably a big area where he needs to improve in but thats with any player and tht will change when he goes professional but he will go for a lot when he is sold in 3 years time. but i think overall as a freshmen he is a pretty well rounded player who is a good baller :)

bill russell was an overrated player, what he guarded were players who cant even make a basket unguarded at 3 ft from the basket....anthony davis could either be another wilt or another kwame. it all depends on how ready he is mentally to enter the ultimate league

Sell big time