Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Is there anything the authorities fear more then an elderly woman dissenting for a legitimate cause ...?

I'll down load that and have a look ... not saying I agree at this stage but I will look ...

Michelle - that weird law you showed me the other day ... how likely is it that , that law could be used ... ? and how ...if it was ...?

• Favorite Answer

Her crazy Vet husband (her man), who is in full agreement with her dissent...?

(as a couple, they would be feared by all)

Michelle.

Edit:

The current answer is based on my causal experiences where I live...

strong hearted women and their somewhat silent men...

I know the men are Vets because of such things as the "MIA, but not forgotten" posters...

my respect for these couples approaches fear...

there is an odd confidence about them that I can sense.

(there are not that many)

I also have an older friend who has helped me...

(would like to have more of a relationship but he has a big family, complicated issues)

and he is my anchor, so know the power that comes with mutual support...

and the reason I have continued to stay on YA...

he says, "I need it."

I am heading to school, if the question is still open...

I will post a further edit...

If it is the Posse Comitatus Act you are referring to, I would need to do more research...

they seem to be constantly "tinkering" with it...

and would rather not give an answer than one I was not clear on...

the issue is huge for obvious reasons...

it is the thing that suppressive governments are made of.

(I am a paranoid, so must be careful to control it)

Michelle

Edit ii:

(if the Posse Comitatus law is what you are referring to):

Many survivalists seem to be ex-military...

(obviously I am not, so this whole thing is a little vague, but do get a general sense of what is going on)

This is a common "thread of thought" that runs through survivalists...

copied from some book promotion:

********************

"One of the first things you used to learn in boot camp is the Posse Comitatus Act, which was created 200 years ago to make sure the military was never used against the citizens. But, for all practical purposes, this law has now been completely negated through Executive Orders issued by Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama(1)."

*********************

The act is meant to protect US citizens from an authority (the military) who have been trained as "hunters of men".

To have a standing army viewing their country's citizenry as an enemy is a very dangerous thing.

What is not generally understood is that the act is only a weak document that can be easily circumvented by an act of congress or by its very nature (maybe?).

Here are the exceptions for military use against US citizens....

****************

"There are a number of situations in which the Act does not apply. These include:

[A.] National Guard units and State Defense Forces while under the authority of the governor of a state;

[B.] Troops used under the order of the President of the United States pursuant to the Insurrection Act, as was the case during the 1992 Los Angeles Riots.

[C.] Under 18 U.S.C. § 831, the Attorney General may request that the Secretary of Defense provide emergency assistance if civilian law enforcement is inadequate to address certain types of threats involving the release of nuclear materials, such as potential use of a nuclear or radiological weapon.

[D.] Such assistance may be by any personnel under the authority of the Department of Defense, provided such assistance does not adversely affect U.S. military preparedness. The only exemption is nuclear materials.

[E.] Support roles under the Joint Special Operations Command."

*******************

(If I understand correctly, Martial Law means a declaration of war has been issued and that you can be shot dead without trial)

Just three added notes:

1. My research was on a different subject that only touched on these points, so I am not an expert.

2. Given the present President's recorded of using "legalese" to circumvent constitutional law and that he does have the authority to use the military makes it a very serious issue.

(the law is drafted specifically targeting the Army, so the use of the National Guard is not prohibited at all),

3. I do think that the laws [Posse Comitatus] to prevent another "civil war" will be trashed...

with my present understanding and fear being that an "internal war" is likely.

Not certain I addressed all of your questions, but I tried...

it is a very complicated and an emotional issue...

one that many are inflamed with.

Michelle

Luke 18:1-8 "And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man(ie the true Lord God) cometh, shall he find faith(ie shall He find faithfulness to the Good(-ness)) on the earth?"

I think individually, they probably fear rape more...since it's really dehumanizing. It would be kind of an ironic punishment.

The dick of death should replace the guillotine in our revolution

Kumquats.

They have a vaccine for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBk43xozh4E

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=relmfu

Each other.