Why doesn't every one quite whining, fix the problem by giving socialism a try?

THE SOCIALIST PARTY strives to establish a radical democracy

that places people's lives under their own control - a non-racist, classless, feminist socialist society... where working people own and control the means of production and distribution through democratically controlled public agencies; where full employment is realized for everyone who wants to work; where workers have the right to form unions freely, and to strike and engage in other forms of job actions; and where the production of society is used for the benefit of all humanity, not for the private profit of a few. We believe socialism and democracy are one and indivisible. The working class is in a key and central position to fight back against the ruling capitalist class and its power. The working class is the major force worldwide that can lead the way to a socialist future - to a real radical democracy from below. The Socialist Party fights for progressive changes compatible with a socialist future. We support militant working class struggles and electoral action, independent of the capitalist controlled two-party system, to present socialist alternatives. We strive for democratic revolutions - radical and fundamental changes in the structure and quality of economic, political, and personal relations - to abolish the power now exercised by the few who control great wealth and the government. The Socialist Party is a democratic, multi-tendency organization, with structure and practices visible and accessible to all members Join us today

http://sp-usa.org/

• ?
    Best Answer

When, EXACTLY, in the history of socialism, countries, economics, or the world has socialism ever truly worked?

"non-racist, classless, FEMINIST socialist society"....so you're BIASED AGAINST men? Sure let me jump on that train wreck....

I have an idea...why don't you try your brand of socialism on a smaller more controlled environment...like say a university class...

You could propose this to the Professor...the professor will give grades in a socialist manner...a "fair, equal" distribution based on the class average....eliminate the highest and lowest scores (outliers) and average the rest of the grades....and everyone will get the same grade...that's fair right?

Ahhhh but wait...after the first test...you will notice that even the "driven students" will begin to slack off...after all why should they do all the work while the slackers reap the benefits of their labor? Then the mid-term will roll around....the driven students will slack off a little and the slackers will completely ignore the exam....why should the slackers study...they have the "driven students" to carry them? The class average after the mid-term is an F. When the final exam folls around the driven students realize they will have to re-take the class anyway and blow it off...the slackers who never cared in the first place decide not to even show up for the final....

Net Result: ALL STUDENTS FAIL....

And that is the net result of socialism....a "fair" and "equal" distribution of misery and poverty....

NO THANKS

Socialism has typically been a disaster because most of the world is family oriented, not community oriented. Most people suck from it for themselves and their families. To succeed everyone who possibly can must contribute more than they take from it so under-contributors can be supported.

I know of only a few of the original Calvinist Protestant settlers in North America (among the Mennonites and Quakers) who succeeded with communism, some for centuries. The rest of the Calvinists were unofficially socialistic and most people always felt the responsibility to their community, often above that to their families.

I was raised in that kind of culture. It has been swamped by the family oriented cultures from the rest of the world they originally abandoned. It followed them here.

PS: I suspect your severe neo-Marxist indoctrination, and envy of them, will reject that the handful of "greedy capitalist" predatory scavengers who feed on the societies (but also fertilize them) are too few to cause the damage you pretend they do. It's always the great masses of people who make or break socialism, or any other system. I described how they typically break it but again I'm sure your severe indoctrination will reject that.

Source(s): For decades I studied philosophies, cultures, and social institutions. I began that because of confusion resulting from my military experience under the shadow of neo-Marxist anti-military and anti-capitalism indoctrination in the universities. I continue a forty year quest wading through the huge pile of stinking crap a wide variety of bigots piled on top of truth hiding it from nearly everyone's view. The pile was made by blaming people they don't like while excusing people they do like regardless of where the fault really lies.

This sounds more like you are trying to convince yourself of something than it is trying to convince others. You want to see the consequences of Socialism? Look at the former Soviet Union. For Democratic Socialism, look to the floundering countries of Europe. Socialism tends to spread the misery evenly.

I have the utmost admiration for Grecian history and the utmost despair at the consequences of its socialist present. Abstract thought atrophied to insatiable animalistic desires. We already have communist China subsidizing our appetite. Do you want them going further and dictating what our needs ought be?

Why don`t you ask the Cubans that try to swim from Cuba to South Florida with milk jugs for floats under their arms ?? Cuba = Socialist State !

socialism is the slippery slope to communism.

i don't know about you, but i'd rather keep the money i earn than have the government reap the rewards of my labor.

Sort of like what Cuba tried to do? I think I'll pass, and you should go spread your propaganda somewhere else.

Nice troll question. I didn't read your idiotic, indoctrinating rhetoric btw.

Oh boy....

*Quit

'

BORAT?! Is that you again?

...