Anonymous

alphabet book Uruguay?

so we have a social studies project where we need to find a word for every letter in the alphabet that relates to Uruguay. I'm doing half the letters, and my partner does the other half. could you help me think of words for Q, Y, I, AND K? please include 2-3 sentences of what it is and what it has to do with Uruguay. thank you!!!! :)

Favorite Answer

Queso - cheese. Uruguay is a country where the people love cheese. A famous sandwich they have is the chivito. It is a meat sandwich, but contains many other ingredients including cheese, tomato and bacon.

Yerba - The yerba plant is used to make a tea called yerba mate. It is grown in Uruguay and is a popular drink among adults and children.

Invierno - winter Winter in Uruguay is different than it is here. The winter begins in June and ends in December.

kayak - The word kayak is used the same way in Uruguay as it is used in the U.S. An easy kayak trip would be to do it on the the Rio N*egro. You can see what fun kayaking in Uruguay is if you want to go to you tube.

I had to put a * between the N and the e because YA will not let me use the Spanish word for black.

• Erika

The english alphabet is going: A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,... The spanish alphabet is going: A,B,C,CH,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,LL,M,N,ñ,O,P,... (rolling it), S, T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z ___________________________________ Yo = I Ninguna = None Nada = Nothing Norte = North Norteña = Northern