Why doesn't he respect me?

Why did he behave this way?

I've been with my bf for five years, and last week we had a huge fight... We were together for wed, thurs, fri, and all day Saturday, we went out that night had a wonderful time and suddenly I caught him making out with a girl and the thing was I wasn't suppose to walk thru that isle, and I stood there staring and then they stopped making out and he froze, I left and we got into a fight where I slapped him in the face and he pushed me and got physical, I don't understand why he did this... It's been a week and he hasn't called me and I haven't called him but I miss him so much...I just don't understand why... Ps the girl is not pretty at all... And he seemed to choose her over me but he called me I went over and he showed me the bed was empty that he was alone and then threw me out...I'm 125pounds with a career and everything going for me ugh

• Liza2
    Favorite Answer

It doesn't matter if you love him or not, it is time to dump him.

You cannot expect respect from someone if you won't respect yourself. Staying with him would be disrespecting yourself and he would know it and know that he doesn't need to respect you.

Furthermore, he is just a jerk. He cheated on you and he physically assaulted you. You deserve WAY better. He did these things because he is a jerk. Don't waste any more time on him.

And next time a guy does something wrong you might consider leaving the man instead of slapping him. As you've seen, some men are more than willing to hit women.

Sorry you are having a tough time. The sadness will pass. Enjoy your life without him. :)

• Ok, The reason he doesn't respect you is because you don't respect yourself. The fact that you are 125lbs and have a job and "everything is going for you" means NOTHING. Thats not what men look for. Do you have the personality? are you honest, caring, smart, loyal, trustworthy, fun, etc.. You see your boyfriend kissing another girl and YOU go over to HIS house? Then he throws you out?!? Im sorry this guy sounds like he doesnt want to be with you. P.S. just because you dont think she is pretty doesnt mean he doesnt. She probably has something that attracts him to her besides her looks. Plus he pushed you!!! Obviously, he can walk all over you and that my dear is why he doesnt respect you.

U need to drop that dude for real. YOU are letting him disrespect you... Maybe u are just each others comfort zone and maybe he really just wants to be single.

Because you obviously have terrible judgement in the dating department.

• He doesn't respect you because he's a self centered childish ***. The important question is Why don't YOU respect you? You can't change him, but you can change yourself.

Source(s): self respect

Move on. And don't ever hit someone, chances are you will get hit back.

He kissed another girl and pushed you. Leave him.