wants to convert French Francs to Euros to USDs?

hey guys, I've found hundreds of 10 Franc Bimetallic French Coins (by conversion, they're worth around 2 USD each). So if I sent 50 of these to the Banque De France in France, will they send me Euros back which I would have to convert to Dollars? Letme know, thank you very much :D

• Best Answer

The French Franc (FRF) is obsolete. It was replaced with the Euro (EUR) on January 1, 1999... However currently the exchange rate for 100 FF = USD20.30, while 20 FF = USD2.03 = 1.52€ as of today 3/4/2012...

Article related to France bids adieu to former money (French Franc)...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/franc-farewell-franc...

• kite

Convert French Francs To Euros

According to Wikipedia, you are too late:

"Coins were freely exchangeable until 17 February 2005 at Banque de France only (some commercial banks also accepted the old coins but were not required to do so for free after the transition period in 2001), by converting their total value in francs to euros (rounded to the nearest eurocent) at the fixed rate of 6.55957 francs for 1 euro. Banknotes remained convertible up until 17 February 2012. By that date, Franc notes worth some 550 million Euro remained unexchanged, allowing the French state to register the corresponding sum as revenue."

• Cabal

Way too late, the bank won't convert them anymore. Besides, by the end you had to go in person to get your money exchanged for Euros. I'm not sure a trip to France is worth a fistful of dollars

I am sure that you will get a nice letter back from the French bank advising you that the coins are worthless as money. They might have some value depending what they are made from. You might try ebay to contact people who have collections. If you can received euros it should not be a problem to convert them into USA currency.