Did you know being gay is against the law in this many countries?

Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Comoros, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mauritania (death penalty), Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria (death penalty in some states), Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan (death penalty), Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma, Iran (death penalty), Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (death penalty), Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Yemen (death penalty), Gaza Strip in the Palestinian Authority, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago, Kiribati, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and the New Zealand associate of Cook Islands.

I didn't! And in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan Yemen, Mauritania, UAE and Somali land it is punishable by DEATH

I'm not gay but that's quite surprising

I seriously thought it was like 4 or 5 proper countries and maybe a few tribal islands or something

anyway, Christians and Jews are against gays too, just thought i'd get that in there...

Best Answer

WOW. My country is on that list.

@ Rachel you judge to harshly. The United Arab Emirates is one of the best countries in the middle east. It like one big city. Better than even las Vegas. It's a beautiful country with a low crime rate and the beast beaches. Not all those countries are 3rd world.

These countries are fairly evenly geographically distributed in different world regions and 90% of em aren't islamic. What I don't understand is how traditional institutions are just be overturned and discarded and the countries that place these values at the heart of their societies are labeled as being backwards, medieval, poor blah blah.

"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants.... We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the Sermon on the Mount." US General Omar N. Bradley (1893-1981)

It shouldn't be a surprise that many pillars of society are being flung down like legos. THE GUY said that a long time ago.

i hope it stays that way. if all people CHOSE to be gay what a fuuccked world would it be.

Right to bear arms. ...it's a good right but if you live in the tri-state area you will be shocked to see how many innocent lives are taken every day.

stay away from entertaining propaganda

"[Pocahontas]

-colors of the wind

You think I'm an ignorant savage

And you've been so many places

I guess it must be so

But still I cannot see

If the savage one is me

Now can there be so much that you don't know?

You don't know ...

You think you own whatever land you land on

The Earth is just a dead thing you can claim

But I know every rock and tree and creature

Has a life, has a spirit, has a name..............

"

This is not a question, but a statement.

By the way, the so called 'Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus' is listed. This is not a country but a territory militarily occupied by Turkey in Cyprus. Turkey is not in the list...interesting...maybe its because they do not allow gays in their army so the territory the army occupies applies the same rules as the army? Now that is a question!

I am a Sri Lankan and I have seen gays in Sri Lanka..- a buddhist country , GAy is not against buddhism or anthing and our gender euality is on par with UK & ranked above USA if you check the rankings...

its nothing like being gay is banned,,just that gay marriages are not legal...but gay people are there and they have relationships with other gays

never heard of a man being arrested here for being gay...but gay marriages , gay sex in public (same goes with straight but not as strict as a middle east country-its nothing to do with a religous law but its our culture) are not legal

• Anna

I think it's more gay sex is against the law, not being gay.

But yes, it's very sad. I think the only way for there to be equal rights for gay people worldwide is to abolish religion, IMO. Religion keeps society in the dark ages.

Yes

"anyway, Christians and Jews are against gays too, just thought i'd get that in there..."

-Yea, but unlike some other religions, they are no longer demanding executions of homosexuals.

I know for a fact the UAE no longer kills gays. They are sent to a retraining facility and injected with testosterone and other drugs to "make them straight".

But yeah apart from that one its true. All over something we that isn't even our fault.

Make you REALLY want to convert to Islam, right?

And those just so happen to be the insane and horribly impoverished countries where EVERYONE is suppressed and women are treated as slaves.