Need help choosing a university?
So, I've gotten accepted into the school of architecture in 7 universities and I have absolutely NO idea how I'm going to pick. I've never been to the states before so I don't have much knowledge about the areas except glimpses from google maps and pictures. Here are the universities.
1) Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY)
2) Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY)
3) Pratt Institute ( new york city, NY)
4) Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, V)
5) North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC)
6) Notre Dame (South Bend, IN)
7) Carnegie Mellon (Pittsburgh, P)
* Please any information or opinions would be great. About the schools (specifically the school of architecture), the areas, the reputation...ext.
- Lori JLv 68 years agoFavorite Answer
Most have very good reputations. I'd call each and ask about post-graduate placement. Know that architecture hiring is WAY down. (I worked at RPI.) I'd leave out Pratt, frankly.
1) Cold. It's arch program is not well known.
2) Cold. Very good program, lovely campus, Troy not so lovely.
Carnegie Mellon has a top program; Pittsburgh is on an upswing. Notre Dame's too far from an ocean.
- Anonymous8 years ago
Virginia Tech is horrible,I mean lots of killing- incidents