Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStudying Abroad · 8 years ago

Don't know which university to pick?

So, I've gotten accepted into the school of architecture in 7 universities and I have absolutely NO idea how I'm going to pick. I've never been to the states before so I don't have much knowledge about the areas except glimpses from google maps and pictures. Here are the universities.

1) Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY)

2) Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY)

3) Pratt Institute ( new york city, NY)

4) Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, V)

5) North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC)

6) Notre Dame (South Bend, IN)

7) Carnegie Mellon (Pittsburgh, P)

* Please any information or opinions would be great. About the schools (specifically the school of architecture), the areas, the reputation...ext.

• Lori J
    Favorite Answer

I'd call each and ask about its job placement for recent grads. Architecture is way down in terms of hiring. I worked at RPI -- very good program. I'd say Carnegie Mellon is tops, and it's warmer than the 2 NY schools or Indiana. ND is in the middle of nowhere.

In my opinions I would go for Notre Dame. They do offer architecture and I read on Google that South bend is one of the safest place to live. I checked out a list of the top universities in USA and Notre Dame made it in the top 20 in quite a few websites. I'm not from the states but I did a bit of research and If you want more on Notre Dame you can check out their website nd.edu and you can learn a lot more about Notre Dame. Things like what courses they offer, how much it cost andmuch more.

Notre Dame was given a rating of 8/10

Source(s): Google and nd.edu

search out the university ranking and make ur decission on the behalf of that ranking.