What parts do you look for in a gaming computer?

Memory, processor, graphics, hard drive...? Also, what would be a good model for each? I'm wanting to buy a Mac, and yes, I know it isn't the greatest gaming computer, but I want to digital paint and the Mac gets many more options with Photoshop and another program that I will use, so I might as well use... show more Memory, processor, graphics, hard drive...? Also, what would be a good model for each?

I'm wanting to buy a Mac, and yes, I know it isn't the greatest gaming computer, but I want to digital paint and the Mac gets many more options with Photoshop and another program that I will use, so I might as well use my Mac for gaming.

I am substituting the default things for better pieces, so let me know what you think please.

Processor: 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7.
Memory: 16GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x4 GB.
Hard drive: 1 TB Serial ATA Drive.
Graphics: AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB GDDR5.
Update: For an SSD, would 256GB be better than the 1 TB? I don't understand the difference.
Update 2: I know it fits because you can customize it on the Apple website itself.
Update 3: SilverTonguedDevil, what do you mean "file copying ability" and "Thunderbolt for even faster copying to an ext. HDD (20 times faster than USB 3.0) and for target display mode." I really appreciate your amazing feedback, but I'm unsure of what those mean.