promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

As an os in the navy where do i live after a sea rotation?

I was wondering if i will be able to move out of home and support myself after boot camp or a sea rotation as an os in the navy. Is it worth to rent an apartment during away? Should i just rent a storage unit for the things i cant bring with me when im out to sea? in other words what is the smart thing to do...

2 Answers

Relevance
  • NWIP
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Single you will live in barracks into you are E5 or higher to be authorized BAH w/o dependents to pay for rent/utilities. If you live in barracks and deploy then either the room is secured while you are gone or storage is authorized paid for by the military. You might make E5 by the time your sea duty is up (3 to 4 years) and then again you might not. In barracks you have a bed, dresser and desk provided everything else is yours. You need to wait to decide what you can do. If you have s lot of stuff now then you need to get rid of it (ie dinning room set, couch, entertainment center, etc)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • godwyn
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

relies upon what military you in, interior the brit military you get drafted to a deliver for 4 yrs, yet you have a ratio of 60/40 being on the deliver for the period of those 4 yrs in step with hazard 6 months shore time after in case you fortunate

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.