I a 16 year old girl who lives in Maryland and has no acting experience but I really would like to get started?

I've been looking around online and i cant find any good quality information about someone like me, trying to become an actress. can someone please give me GOOD information about how to start.

Favorite Answer

If you can, join The Actors' Center. It's a great resource for actors in the MD/DC/VA area. The website is: http://actorscenter.org

There is an annual membership fee, but most actors in the area are members and it is well worth it (at least I think so). It lists auditions (theatre & non-stage, both paid and non-paid). Being a member can also get you discounts on things like classes and workshops, headshots, and other acting related stuff. It also lists job opportunities (non-acting) at theatres and agencies, etc. It lists local theatres (community and pro), local agencies, and other important resources for actors.

They offer many workshops (just about once a week), which are free to members (so, if you attend the workshops, it pretty much makes up for the cost of membership - considering how much it would cost to pay for these workshops). They have workshops in a lot of topics - from monologue preparation, to the business of acting, taxes for actors, mime, puppetry, stage combat, etc. All the ones I've been to have been great.

There are also a couple of cattle calls held in this area every year - one held by the Actors' Center, where you audition for 40+ theatres & film companies all at once - for members only. There are also the League of Washington Theatre auditions - and to sign up Equity members and Actor Center Members get to sign up for a slot first.

It's a good investment to sign up for Actors' Center.

If you're not ready for that, sign up for Brian Dragonuk. It's free, and it also lists a lot of the auditions that are coming up in the care. Here's the website: http://www.dragonukconnects.com I think there are different levels of membership - some you pay for, but I just do the free one. It suits my needs just fine.

If you're interested in getting started and are looking for some training, go to the Actors' Center website - Click on "Links" then scroll down to "Training" and it will give you a list of places that offer training in the area. You can also look up what agencies are in the area under "Casting" and what theatres are in the area - Professional, Regional, and Community. And it will give you the links to those places. You don't have to be a member to access this information.

A lot of the theatres will tell you on their websites when auditions are or how to submit yourself as an actor.

All this information should help you get started.

Hello, congratulations on choosing to become an actress! If you want to be in films or on television, you should start with theater, because you'll need to have a lot of experience before you get on TV. Make sure you take advantage of drama classes, if your school has them. In Maryland, a good theater to join would be the Maryland Theater, or MD Theater. There you can take acting classes and audition for community or professional theater. MD Theater has many opportunities for beginning actresses! And don't get worried if you get small parts or you aren't chosen. In order to become an actress, you need to build up experience, step by step. So, again, start out small. Once you've been in quite a few plays, put them all into a resume and send it to a professional television director, and who knows how far you'll go?

Source(s): http://mdtheatreguide.com/auditions-6/ Personal Experience

I live in maryland too and i do musical theatre but i am home schooled and work with a theatre group that has rehearsals during the day (HST cultural arts) but i also know that there are loads of theatre groups all around that you could audition for and defiantly get a part in to get experience also look around for basically acting classes Good luck! acting it loads of fun! so i suggest just keep looking until you find a community theatre group or such and audition but also think you would benefit greatly from a year of just and acting class to learn basic info about the stage and projecting and things like that

I would assume that your school has a drama program. I would highly recommend you join it and find out if you truly wish to peruse acting. Look online at shows and just do a lot of research on it. Talk to actors and other people in the business that live in your area and find out how they got started. Getting as much information as possible is always the best way to start.

Best of luck!

Does your school have a drama class? If so I reccomend you to take it, and look online for acting schools near you they help get you built up. I wish you the best of luck, all you have to do is believe:)

Source(s): I took drama class my senior year of high school and also I attended john casablancas in nashville tennessee and they helped with everything, modeling/acting/choreography and so on. Good luck

Google movie scripts and practice in the mirror,reinact scenes from ur favorite movies

Source(s): Practice in the mirror experience

Try out for school plays & little theater.

Hey, all you have to do is jump on your computer and look up, "auditions in maryland" I am positive a website will pop-up with some decent auditions. If you haven't been in anything, get practicing!! Find an audition and find out what the role requires. Search the play and then find an Expert. Practice in the mirror. Get your friends to come over and practice a exerpt for the character you want to play. Oh, and don't try out for the biggest role, especially if you haven't done anything. I would work up to the top role, but thats just my advice. Don't play with your cloths or twirl your hair, it shows that your nervous. Oh, and its okay if you haven't been in anything, they won't use it against you.

BREAK A LEG!!!!!

Sincerly,

A young professional actress