How do you customize in WordPress?

I am new to this whole website making thing. What I have done so far: 1. Purchased domain joshuaslifkin.com from godaddy 2. Purchased hosting from hostgator 3. Setup wordpress with Responsive Theme I have been teaching myself all of this through Internet tutorials. I currently have the following plugins... show more I am new to this whole website making thing. What I have done so far:

1. Purchased domain joshuaslifkin.com from godaddy
2. Purchased hosting from hostgator
3. Setup wordpress with Responsive Theme

I have been teaching myself all of this through Internet tutorials. I currently have the following plugins (Contact Form 7, Blog Stats by W3Counter, and All in One SEO Pack). Some questions that I have are:

- How do I remove the computer image on the homepage and replace it with an image of myself
- How do I replace Header with my own logo. If it's not the exact size they want how do I go about doing this. Remember I am a begginer!
- Do you have any must have plugin reccomendations?
- I want to get rid of the "Blog" format of the website. How do I go about doing this?
- How to embed pdf resume file that can be scrolled through. I can't get Google Doc embed plugin to work. I also want a viewer to be able to click a pdf file and word file for download, and print button directly on the website for convenience.

This is a fun project to do in my spare time. As I am typing this I have many more questions! So I will start with these and move on from there.

Thank you for your help in advance!
1 answer 1