How do you customize in WordPress?
I am new to this whole website making thing. What I have done so far:
1. Purchased domain joshuaslifkin.com from godaddy
2. Purchased hosting from hostgator
3. Setup wordpress with Responsive Theme
I have been teaching myself all of this through Internet tutorials. I currently have the following plugins (Contact Form 7, Blog Stats by W3Counter, and All in One SEO Pack). Some questions that I have are:
- How do I remove the computer image on the homepage and replace it with an image of myself
- How do I replace Header with my own logo. If it's not the exact size they want how do I go about doing this. Remember I am a begginer!
- Do you have any must have plugin reccomendations?
- I want to get rid of the "Blog" format of the website. How do I go about doing this?
- How to embed pdf resume file that can be scrolled through. I can't get Google Doc embed plugin to work. I also want a viewer to be able to click a pdf file and word file for download, and print button directly on the website for convenience.
This is a fun project to do in my spare time. As I am typing this I have many more questions! So I will start with these and move on from there.
Thank you for your help in advance!
- Anonymous8 years agoFavorite Answer
Most of the questions you asked depends of the theme you are using.
There are a lot of premium themes available online for $20-40,but they have listed all setups on one page and they are extremely easy to setup and modify.
Some of good premium wordpress themes
For bigger modification you need to have php programming skills, or to hire someone to do this for you...