White sand or black sand for 20 gallon aquarium?

So I can't decide whether to put black sand or white sand in my 20 gallon long aquarium. It is lightly planted and currently has white gravel in it which has turned an ugly brown green color because of algae. So yes, I do have an algae problem and worry that if I change to a white sand, it will end up looking... show more So I can't decide whether to put black sand or white sand in my 20 gallon long aquarium. It is lightly planted and currently has white gravel in it which has turned an ugly brown green color because of algae. So yes, I do have an algae problem and worry that if I change to a white sand, it will end up looking dirty after a period of time due to both algae and staining. Does white sand stain over time? Should I go with black sand? I recently changed to black sand in my 10 gallon aquarium which has neon tetras, african dwarf frogs, and guppies, and it looks great.

I wonder if it will look as good in my 20g which has the following fish:
Emerald green corys
Bloodfin tetras
Glofish
Flame tetras

So, white or black sand for the above fish?
Update: I think the algae problem has recently worsened due to a recent addition in my stock. I do frequent water changes, so I am working on it.
Update 2: LOL Ancistrini your response doesn't answer my question. I am asking for suggestions; I am definitely switching to sand, because it looks better and is better for corydoras. I am just trying to decide on color and was hoping to see what color other people would go with. And I don't think there's... show more LOL Ancistrini your response doesn't answer my question. I am asking for suggestions; I am definitely switching to sand, because it looks better and is better for corydoras. I am just trying to decide on color and was hoping to see what color other people would go with. And I don't think there's anything wrong with not wanting algae stained substrate.