HELP! She likes me but I'm not sure what to do now?

My ex and I started hanging out again. We dated when I was 14 but broke up because we were immature. We've always had amazing chemistry and talked all night for months EVERY day of the week until the wee hours in the morning.

Recently I went to her house for the first time. So she invited me over again next week. We've been hugging, cuddling, holding hands, etc. Today we went out to eat and we talked about stuff, and I finally decided to ask her out. I was so proud of myself - I said it with confidence and bravery I never knew I had. She kept saying she was "unsure" and "maybe".

She likes me. She admits it. So I say "we do this again. We do this the right way - no more immature bs." Honestly, I expected her to say yes but her maybe threw me off guard. She said at this point she wants a serious relationship that can lead to marriage. I told her that I talk to her like I talk to nobody else. We go to different colleges but can see each other 3 days a week. Then she finally said it - she like two guys at the same time. Me and this other dude. I was heartbroken but I didn't show it. She said she doesn't know why she likes the other dude, that she has never talked to another guy like she talks to me, and that she's uncertain and confused.

I told her it's unfair for us to keep doing relationship things if we're not in a relationship. I asked her when I could know. She said next Friday she'd like me know when I came over to her house. I said why not Wednesday, or Thursday? She kept insisting on telling me next Friday when I came over even though I said she could just text me or tell me before then so I could really mentally prepare myself.

What do I make of this? I honestly think I handled this situation very maturely - I impressed myself. But this girl I have fallen for AGAIN, how do I react now? What do I make of this?

Favorite Answer

I'm sure you've heard of the saying, "If you can't get someone out of your head, maybe they're meant to be there." This sounds like your case. Your heart is obviously set on her, and I feel that hers is set on yours. I think you handled the situation maturely, but I would always mentally prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. You two have amazing chemistry, no doubt, so I wouldn't worry about her decision...most likely it will be you. BUT, do some cute things during the week just to sway her a little, if you're feeling brave. Just don't make it painfully obvious. You'll annoy her. You just want to win her over. Show her that you're the number one choice. You two should be together.

As for her asking for you to wait until you come over, it makes sense. This is something to be discussed in person, not over text. Today's technology has allowed us to communicate so impersonally. It's a good thing she suggested this, but like I said, DO prepare beforehand. There's nothing worse than a surprise like that.

Best of luck! I hope you get your girl. <3

Source(s): past experience