Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

Can anyone recommend some books about teen crushes?

please not anything about vampires or werewolves or magic/superpowers.

preferably something like girl likes guy but he doesn't like her. and set out in high school but anything really is okay.

a brief description of the book would be nice as well. :) thanks

• Favorite Answer

The Princess Diaries - The Princess Diaries is a series of epistolary novels by Meg Cabot in the chick-lit and young-adult fiction genre, and the title of the first volume, published in 2000.

Meg Cabot quotes the series' inspiration on her website as: "I was inspired to write The Princess Diaries when my mom, after the death of my father, began dating one of my teachers, just as Mia’s mom does in the book! I have always had a “thing” for princesses (my parents used to joke that when I was little, I did a lot of insisting that my “real” parents, the king and queen, were going to come get me soon, and that everyone had better start being a LOT nicer to me) so I stuck a princess in the book just for kicks… and VOILÀ! The Princess Diaries was born."

The books are noted for containing many popular culture references, which include singers, movies, and fads in modern culture. Many critics have taken unkindly to this form of storytelling. In response, Cabot wrote an English teacher into the book, Princess in Training, who criticizes Mia's writing, telling her that it relies too much on "slick pop culture references".

Also, see

Time Out (Paperback)

by Jill Shalvis

The Sweethearts' Knitting Club (Twilight, Texas, #1) The Sweethearts' Knitting Club (Twilight, Texas, #1)

by Lori Wilde

The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3) The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3)

by Lori Wilde

There's Something about a Rebel

by Anne Oliver

Daughter's Dilemma

by Miranda Lee

Letters from Home

by Rhonda Nelson

The Man She Loves To Hate

Loveplay

by Diana Palmer

When Harriet Came Home

by Coleen Kwan

Dylan (Montana Creeds, #2) Dylan (Montana Creeds, #2)

by Linda Lael Miller

McKettricks of Texas

by Linda Lael Miller

A Cowboy Christmas

by Marin Thomas

A Taste of Texas (Harlequin Superromance) A Taste of Texas (Harlequin Superromance)

by Liz Talley

Sister of the Bride (Fool's Gold, #2.5) Sister of the Bride (Fool's Gold, #2.5)

by Susan Mallery

Roomful of Roses

by Diana Palmer

Hi there!!Goodmorning!Well,I read this book called"Anna and the french kiss"and it's a very good romantic book:-)I fell in love with it.It's about this girl that likes this guy,but he has a girlfriend so they can't date.The guy really likes her back and the Anna is falling for him.I think you should try it.Have fun reading it!btw,the author is Stephanie perkins if that helps.Have a great day and God bless you:-)

Source(s): My opinion