Mike asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 8 years ago

How to tell my parents that i know they smoke?

A long time ago my dad smoked cigarettes. i hated it so much. i Absolutely hate cigarettes .When i wanted a dog he stopped so my dogs wont get any health issues. In a year i found out im not getting a dog so im guessing that's why he started to smoke cigars. he told me that cigars aren't as bad for you. i was still mad that he started smoking again but i decide not to think to much of it since its cigars. now i've caught him smoking cigarettes again. im so angry i hate him so much especially since i find cigarette packs everywhere. Now what got me even more mad is i found out my mom smokes cigarettes also. this crushed my heart. out of all the people in my life she would be the least person i would suspect to smoke cigarettes. My parents don't know that i know they smoke, and they always make excuses like there going out to the porch to get some air or something. they dont know that i can see the porch perfectly from the upstairs window. im really am crushed by the fact that they won't tell me. its really does break my heart and i hate them so much for this. BTW i'm a 14 year old male

I really wish they would stop and i know i am being a little immature about this and this is a way they relive the stress of being a parent. its just i love them so much and i want them to live as long as they can since i'll be devastated if they died. frequently my dad has been having these very severe coughs. i mean they sound awful and im pretty sure its from the cigarettes. i just don't want them to die.

Best Answer

Smoking is a very nasty habit. It's a hard habit to break. Nothing good can ever come out of that habit. Both of my parents were smokers and both died from lung cancer. It was sad to watch them suffer. If u talk to ur parents about their habit, u can let them know that there are many things they can buy to help them quit. Some states even have a help line for smokers who want to quit. Some states even offer free nicotine patches or other products. And why was ur dad worried about not smoking for a doh's health, but not his own? I hope u can encourage them to try and quit.

• Woofy

time to expose their silly attempt at being pure and innocent. Just tell them or walk in on them and say i know you smoke. At least thats out in the open. You cant control adults. As long as they are outside smoking their lungs black, you can't control them. So i feel for you, as their health will only deteriorate over the years, and their motivation to do stuff diminishes. It just is the way when you smoke. But it is not the worst thing that can happen to you. So try and be positive and remind them about nicotine patches available. You dont appreciate the stink and lying all the time.

Look, smoking kills. People get addicted, it's very, very, very hard to quit. Some quit for a while, then start up again.

Your age makes you not understand what's going on. Addiction is bad. Smoking is bad. But hating your parents for smoking is STUPID!!!!! After you walk a mile in their shoes, dude, then you can judge. And BTW, teens are THE MOST JUDGEMENTAL, because they know nothing and think they know everything.

Cigars are like an entire pack of cigarrettes. It's actually dangerous to be around that. Just bring it up, tell them you know. Not difficult.

14 year old female, isn't afraid to tell her dad he's a complete idiot for smoking.

Man! I hate it when parents act like teenagers. Walk around the house and cough all the time. They may get the hint!

Don't be too hard on them. They still love you very much. That is the reason they hide it from you.

Just walk into the porch whenever they make an excuse and ask them, "I thought you guys didnt smoke?" or "Why are you guys trying so hard to hide that you guys dont smoke?" or something like that.

• Cigars are bad for you, anything thing that you inhale through your lungs, that involve nicotine, or smoke is bad for you. Just come out & tell them. I mean they can't do anything when you do, once you tell them they'll see how hurt it makes you & try to stop.

well mike sumtimes parents stress n instead of doing hard heavy drugs like othas dey smoke..n i kno dis frm experience i ws jus lik yhu wen i found out about my parents i swore id neva do it...bt i ended up doin wit sum friends to c wt ppl get out of it..tried it n didnt do it no more....until i gt fed up n smoked a cig. so i understand wt ur parents r goin thru to as far as y dey smoke bt jus b honest wit them n tell em how u feel n say u respect that they do it outside n out of ur sight.. thats all i got doe...

Umm u aren't mature so don't judhe ur parentsthary care about u that's y they didn't say u that they use to smoke because they don't wants to hurt u!!

Source(s): Solution: When yr parents willbe nearear to ur friends room u make a fake call to ur friends and disscuss the mattar with them n behave like u didnt know when u parents has come to ur or inside ur room..,on fake call say to ur driends that u knw ur parents smike byt they are still hefing it which hurts u a lot!! After the talk of 30mins drop the call n be shocked by seeing ur parents behinde or nearer to ur roomafter that u just leave the house in anger n don't return back for a ling tine n don't attend tgeir calls...when ur parents will ve sorry for thr actioneverything will be al right.. God bless u...:)

dont be so selfish smoking is bad but for some people it makes them happy