What do i need to make my computer work?

Hi, so i have an old Dell Optiplex GX280 im working on. Currently all that shows up is the boot screen and then the boot menu. The issue im having is i have no idea what i need to download and how to download it so that the system will be functional. On top it says it ran Windows XP professional 32-bit. Im not sure what other information to give you besides that i changed the cd player to an upgraded version and put in a floppy disk reader, not that anyone actually uses them but it was a left over part. If i download Windows xp on a disc and then put it in the computer will it boot up correctly? Thanks Guys

Favorite Answer

Well yes it should since you probably don't have an OS on your computer, just makes sure to tell it to boot from the CD by going into BIOS, I think you press F8 when the computer turns on but I don't remember it's been a while