Forever asked in Social ScienceSociology · 9 years ago

Help me to care less about people in general?

If i meet someone i care and think of them as friend right away, that i would consider to be there anytime they want me, and now people only try to use me because of my personality. i want to care less if possible none about people. how can i do that, and be like whatever happens happens and move on. please i can't be hurt every time.

I work and go school, it is in between when i try to have social life. should i avoid that too

Favorite Answer

Don't be so forthcoming with your friendship. Just give when given to.

Part of growing up is learning to say no. So if someone asks you something which you consider is them making use of your good nature have a ready response, such as "I would like to do that, but I am afraid I am already committed to something else". There are nice ways to say no. Even a feeble excuse is better than doing something you would rather not do "Sorry, I can't. My mother has got something organised." (That is a good one. Nobody can argue with mothers!) If they ask what you can say you have no idea, so you hope it is not an unpleasant surprise. Joke.

focus on your own life, get a job or internship or something that you can focus on. then you won't always be available for your friends. also stop doing things that inconvenience you. i know it's hard -- i am a nice person as well -- but there is a difference between being nice and being taken advantage of.

Whenever sum1 pisses u off, forget about it n b like "i dont give a ****"