How do I use my DeWalt power drill?

So I have a DeWalt power drill model DC970K-2. I don't understand how to stick small drill bits into the front of it. There's a big hole in the front of the drill, the part that spins when you hit the trigger. But no drill bits fit into that hole...it's way to big for the bits. Am I missing a part to secure small drill bits into the front? What's the part called so I can get a replacement?

Favorite Answer

You are missing nothing. You can easily change the size of the "big hole" to fit any drill bit. Just turn the front of your bit holder. In one direction the hole becomes smaller, in the other bigger. Experts hold the front part and then start the drill back or forth. This changes the hole faster but be careful not to get hurt. The drill has incredible power

Honestly, If you don't know how to put a bit in a drill, you should not try to use it.

just sayin'

• LYDIA

If you look at the instructions you will see that there is a way to adjust that big hole down to the size you need it to be.READ