Bandido Guapo asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Are the Padres a good enough team to make the playoffs this year?

Favorite Answer

No. The Padres don't have a good lineup, and on top of that, they have a very difficult park to hit the ball out of.Quentin isn't great. His power numbers might go down a bit. I see all of their pitchers doing good in that huge ballpark, but, hitting wise, they will struggle. And if you can't score a lot of runs, you can't win.Not to mention, the dbacks and Giants are in the same division, and both are great teams

• Fungo

No. There are several NL teams who are better than "good enough" to make the playoffs. But Padres might be good enough to finish ahead of the Rockies in NL West..

• Troy

A better question would be to ask if they are a good enough team to not have the league's worst record.

• GTAP!!

I think so! The lineup now is a hitting lineup, the pitching staff is good, and the bullpen may have lost some pieces but still is good.

• Honestly, I don't think so because you guys lost most of your key players. Adrian Gonzalez has been gone for 2 years now, you guys just lost Heath Bell, and you guys don't have Jake Peavy..I'm guessing no, but you know what they say, "Sh*t Happs".

Source(s): Red Sox fan

Average team at best?

Good joke.

nope.