Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 9 years ago

Why does the FBI spy on people and suppress or marginalize certain movements in the U.S. that threaten to....?

to change the system.

Or to make for a better way for human kind and man. Also, maybe they do it with those free thinker types?

Talking about COINTELPRO

5 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.

Additional Details

Or were they doing it just to suppress violence and make America a better, more peaceful place?

hey jonds, it's a fact, look it up and rub a terd in your pathetic face

• LeRoy
    Favorite Answer

This is what they do and have been doing for a lot longer than you've been around. For the most part, the system works even though the inane love to criticize it. Don't know what COINTELPRO is and but if it ain't broke, I'm not interested in fixing it.

I've never heard of cointelpro. The government is and has been spying on it's citizens for a LOOOOONG time. Even FDR had people watching other people. He didn't have a lot of original ideas, so some one was doing it before him. In almost every presidential administration, there has been a scandal from illegal wire taps, intercepted mail, etc. If you don't want people to know what you think, don't say it or write it.

I started getting hobby supplies from China. The boxes are opened and crudely re-sealed. I have rentals and the utility bill for one unit always comes wrinkled torn, and sealed with clear tape. I sure hope that who ever is checking on me finds the life of an old retired desert rat interesting. They aren't even very secretive about it. Wish my tax dollar went for education instead of domestic surveillance.

I think you should delete your statement to jonds, not cool!

Otherwise, you are right, we have no idea how much we are watched and listened to when we believe we are secure and private. It will only get worse, the powers that be will do everything they can with technology to keep the masses in control, if they suspect some person who is speaking truth, and other citizens are paying attention, they fear a possible force will come together!

They can't let that happen now can they? No, keep the population dumbed down and content with meager earnings, a beer and mindless TV!

Why would we know? They were here long before I arrived and they'll probably be here long after I'm gone.

By the way, only a TROLL would ask a question and then verbally assault those who answer. We've heard it all before, it's no new concept you've uncovered. You certainly don't care about suppressing violence to make America a better, more peaceful place. You are the problem.

• Lynn

It is my belief that we are living in a state of "Big Brotherhood", and of course,big government.

We now live in a system where branches of our governent are deciding for the citizens

what is best for us, believing we can't decide for ourselves. Things are voted on by

Congress without running those issues by the voting public. I would think,this would

be declared as unconstitutional. But it prevails,never the less. We are being 'relieved'

of our rights, at a steady and deliberate pace. And most of us,who do realize that we

exist in this controlled state, are oblivious to knowing how to stop it. And until someone

with the know with all to find a solution, comes along, it will continue. If the government

continues to believe that they can decide for us, they can lead us down the path to full

world control, by one universal world government. With one army, and one anything

that's designed to control the masses of all nations, into being submissive. If it sounds

like a sci fi movie,it isn't. It's definately a realism, that only a few seem to recognize.

• Milton

The cure you are looking for is on the grocer's shelf. Buy a roll of any brand of aluminum foil. Tear off about 2 square feet of it. Double it over and place it firmly on your head. That should keep out all the rays they are using to monitor your thoughts.

• S

YES BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING.1984. with protecting our safty we give up certain freedoms, but where do we draw the line? Can they use any way and means they now want.What about a new world order.Closer than we think.Can we be hood-winked? Are we sheep and follow the leader? Chaos if we don't.Where do we find a happy medium? Your guess is as good as mine.

The government can spy on me as they see fit. I have nothing to hide and no shady associates.

• Dave M

Goes back to the old Hover and his lover Tyson days - Hover liked to get the dirt on power folks and black mail them - that's how he stayed in power.

• Dinah

Haven't read this link yet, but chose it from Bing. Almost scared to read it.