Where should my husband and I look to buy a house at near fort benning ga and what areas should we avoid?

We are getting ready to PCS in a few months and do not know much about the area. He was there for basic but that was it.

I'm sorry not to answer, but are you sure you want to buy a house?

They say only to buy a house if you know you will live in it at least 5 to 7 years (at least).

So many times, I see military people being transferred after just 4 years or so, and you never get ahead in life by making mortgages for such short periods of time.

Just a note as a friend.

Would you consider renting?

• R P

Stay north of Exit 7 on 185.

You probably don't want to buy a house if you aren't going to be there long. The Greystone Properties are nice apartments; they are on the higher end of the rent scale for the area, but they offer a lot of amenities.

*I am not an employee of Greystone Properties but rather a former tenant who enjoyed the experience.