jonny asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

how to train my adult dog so that he wont bark and be so aggressive?

so hes about five and we moved to a new house but its a duplex and we dont want anyone to complain about the barking and when ever he wont stop barking i put him in his cage but it dosent seem to do anything and last time he got really aggressive and tried to bite me any advice would be appreciated

Your dog is five years old and now he has to live in a duplex where it sounds like strangers are in the next room. He is barking to protect his pack and putting him in the cage makes him aggressive because he can't do his job of protecting. Take him to an animal behaviorist and get some help training him.

Source(s): 49 years breeding, training and competing with dogs of various breeds.
  • Tina

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://bitly.im/aNKZh

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

You can buy these special collars that has a small shock in it whenever your dog barks. My mother always uses them on her dogs and it works perfectly. The dog is not damaged at all. I think most pet stores sell them as "bark be gone" or something like that.

Source(s): Experiance

Bark be gone is a great product that you can use to stop your dog barking. Its a collar and it won't do them any harm.

Hope I helped,

Em

Source(s): My mum is a vet
  • Bryn

it depends why he is barking - without knowing that, for which the dog needs to be observed, it is very difficult to say what to do. Take the dog to training classes or see a behaviourist with him.

"he tried to bite me"

he tried to bite a member of his own pack???? That dog is not properly trained, and you will need to see an experienced trainer to fix his problems.