Questionable email, re: "Terms of Use Violation."?

Can anyone tell me if there are any viruses disguised as emails from YouTube? I received an email, claiming to be from YouTube, titled "Terms of Use Violation." I've never uploaded or downloaded any YouTube videos, nor have I ever violated any their terms of use. All I've ever done is view videos, so I don't see how using YouTube for its express purpose is a "violation." The email address given is "noreply@youtube.com," and I confirmed that Youtube's website is www.youtube.com, but I'm hesitant to open this. Also, I received two emails previously, claiming my Youtube video is ready...but I've never made a YouTube video. I think this is a virus, but I was wondering if anyone else is familiar with this.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I doubt you would have a problem by just reading the email. Do not click on a link unless when you hover over it the address in the lower left is actually xxx.youtube.com/xxx. Do not download anything.

If you have NEVER given YouTube your Yahoo address it is probably a scam.

ℬ ℋ

• 9 years ago

Delete the email, go to youtube.com and login, and check your inbox that way. Then you can see if you really have a message from YouTube - if not, good thing you deleted that email.

• 9 years ago

You can probably read the email safely, but do not click on any attachments or links with the email. In fact, if there are attachments, delete it.

• roger
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

then you have even less reason to open them delete them its not you then its a mistake dont take a chance it aint worth it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes, regard it as spam to play it safe.

Delete.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.