Questionable email, re: "Terms of Use Violation."?

Can anyone tell me if there are any viruses disguised as emails from YouTube? I received an email, claiming to be from YouTube, titled "Terms of Use Violation." I've never uploaded or downloaded any YouTube videos, nor have I ever violated any their terms of use. All I've ever done is view videos, so I don't see how using YouTube for its express purpose is a "violation." The email address given is "noreply@youtube.com," and I confirmed that Youtube's website is www.youtube.com, but I'm hesitant to open this. Also, I received two emails previously, claiming my Youtube video is ready...but I've never made a YouTube video. I think this is a virus, but I was wondering if anyone else is familiar with this.

Favorite Answer

I doubt you would have a problem by just reading the email. Do not click on a link unless when you hover over it the address in the lower left is actually xxx.youtube.com/xxx. Do not download anything.

If you have NEVER given YouTube your Yahoo address it is probably a scam.

ℬ ℋ

Delete the email, go to youtube.com and login, and check your inbox that way. Then you can see if you really have a message from YouTube - if not, good thing you deleted that email.

You can probably read the email safely, but do not click on any attachments or links with the email. In fact, if there are attachments, delete it.

• roger

then you have even less reason to open them delete them its not you then its a mistake dont take a chance it aint worth it.

Yes, regard it as spam to play it safe.

Delete.....