Why are people getting mad?

One my friends read the Hunger Games when she was in sixth grade right? Now that it's become popular, she's getting mad because people are reading the books and becoming fans....Like i think it's not that big of a deal and when my other friends were talking about enjoying the movie, she got mad and said she wasn't going to watch the movie...

Do you honestly think it's that big of a deal? It's nothing to get mad over

Favorite Answer

I think that logic is dumb and selfish.

"I love this book and this author, but I do not want the series to thrive and I do not want the author to make any money so I can maintain my underground status"

Cuz when you know about stuff before it became popular, you feel like you are the TRUE fan because you were there before, you know lol?

Like for a video game, (Assassins creed, if you care) I have played from the 1st game to what is current, but a lot of people started playing around Brotherhood (the 3rd one) when it got more popular. I get kinda irritated because people just wanted to play because it got popular and looked cooler. I feel like a TRUE fan, because I played the 1st game (which sucked) and the 2nd one (which was OK) not just the 3rd and 4th ones (which were awesome). So I get where your friend is coming from.

So, yeah, but she shouldn't get like angry about it and not watch the movie.

It's not a big deal at all. I have no idea why to get mad over such a dumb thing. It's just a book (or movie, same difference).

Im sure the Harry Potter "original fans" were the same way.

The Twilight fans and

the Anne Rice fans

and the Dune fans..

I can go on for days. Theres always that person/group of people that want to be " fans" and let people know they were Fans before everyone else was. be it for selfish reasons of "keeping the books to themselves" or for fame reasons such as "I liked it before the movies!" i dunno why people do it.. it happens in everything.. be it books, Musicians, Artists... Food Restaurants...