Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

Is he still interested in me?

So I was dating this guy for about 6 months (long distance) and things were going great. Then we suddenly stopped talking as much and things became weird for no apparent reason. So we mutually decided to end things and to move on. Three weeks after he texted me just to see how things were going with me. And we have been speaking casually on and off since then. I can't seem to get him off my mind and I miss him a lot. Should I tell him how I feel or wait for him to say something? How can I know if he is still interested in me? How can I ask him indirectly how he feels?

He lives about 4 hours away and doesn't really come here all that often. He used to only come when I asked him to. So it wouldn't really work for me to suggest an outing with him. I want to know how he feels before putting myself out there fully. I don't want to get rejected. I don't know how to ask him how he feels without being too direct about it.

Rejection is over-rated.

Tell him you want to give this another chance.

what's the worst case Scenario? he won't agree? so what?

at least you'll have enough reason to move on, rather than keep feeling like this, not knowing if he might be interested or not.

P.S: if he IS interested, Please make sure he does not use this (you telling him how you still feel about him) to gain leverage over you in this relationship.

Best of luck

Just suggest something you two used to do in the beginning. His answer will tell you how he feels. Or the next time you or he are near the other, ask to spend time together - dinner, evening, coffee, afternoon outing, etc His answer will tell you how he feels

Dont tell him you still have feelings for him, thats the worse thing you will do. Just wait and see how things go. Tell him you met someone and see what his reaction is.

Maybe just ask if he really meant what he said when he agreed with ending things? If that doesn't work, maybe just say 'well I didn't really want to end things though...'

Make the first move and tell him how you feel.