How can i play the guitar like Sungha Jung?

I already know how to play the guitar, but since it is finger picking its much harder for me to pick up on. So are there any tips you guys can give me so i can play like him? Techniques, guides, or anything else that can help me! I've been playing for about 2 years and im more of a strumming kind of guy but i really want to learn how to finger pick like him!

Tips will be appreciated! Thank you!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Dude, it takes time. You probably shouldn't start with Sungha Jung's songs if you dont know how to fingerpick. Thats like a person who has never played piano trying to learn fur elise. You should start with easier fingerpicking songs like Dust in the Wind or Stairway To Heaven. If you keep practicing you should be able to play his songs. (If you dont really get what im trying to say, basically im saying that you should have some experience with fingerpicking before playing his songs.)

• 5 years ago

If you just begin to perform the guitar you then require the best courses on the market to learn how to play this hard tool and the most effective is Jamorama website, here https://tr.im/CqvqA

If you are going to learn the guitar for the first time (Or maybe you tried before and just could not get the "hang" of it), then Jamorama is the best program for you personally since every lesson includes a video to accompany the principles, and when you've gone through a week of instructions, you are able to acquire and print an exercise sheet associated with those lessons.

The video classes explain to you how exactly to perform notes – the fundamentals of playing guitar. You'll learn to enjoy significant, modest, 7th, and bare chords. If you do not know what any of which means, don't allow it scare you. It's all described in more detail in the videos.

A good thing about this really is when you receive these fundamentals down, the titles and the technicality just move to the backdrop and you never really have to take into account it much more – you are able to only enjoy!

• 9 years ago

Okay, to play like sungha jung you have to play his songs like the easy songs start of with "Right here waiting" then move up. Just practice and have an inspiration .

Source(s): Me,
  • Kab
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

A lot of natural talent is needed.

Beyond that, start with the best classical guitar instructor that you can find. Start with the local universities.

Forget trying to do it on your own.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bob
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Learn classical guitar

• 4 years ago

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Honestly tabs will teach you the mechanics you need to play the notes.But the soul and emotion, come from the way he plays them. To be really good you have to be able to learn by ear, How he is playing those notes.and his timing.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

1.) Natural talent.

or

2.) Crazy amounts of practice. Practice is key.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

practice for ever

• 9 years ago

Easy, become Asian

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.