How can i change my kids last name to my last name im a single mom?

Well i got 2 kids my first son has my last name and i had a man his name is Anthony who wasent his dad and i gave him his last name too .dat was relley stupid of me i know i was 14 at the time i was so in love. So then i had another bby this time from Anthony. He end up cheatting on me so i just left him i was 1 month pregnant and i got with another guy named Joseph when she was born i gave her Josephs last . Now Joseph is in jail for.9 years its been 4 years he has been away. Right when he got locked up i went to go apply for chash aid and i had put Joseph as my 2 nd bbys father wich was anthoney! I did not want him in my duaghters life. So now i want to change my kids last name to my last name! can someone please help me out?

1 Answer

  • Faith
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

    I think you just need to contact a lawyer and have it done.

    Some states do have certain rules about name changes though.

    Do a google search on your local state laws for name changes. I'm sure it won't be a problem though. It does cost some money though.

    Source(s): homeschooling mom of 3 - I've looked into having my name change before.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.