He once lost interest but now my ex is calling me "really beautiful"... whaaaat?

We went out for a few months and it was amazing (and not a sexual relationship, so don't go there). We loved each other. But then he turned over possessive and told my best male friend to stay away from me because he didn't like/trust him and thought he was trying to come between us (he never would, he's been my best friend for years!)

Then he started losing interest in me, began finding excuses not to see me, then dumped me because he "didn't feel the same anymore, that the sense of excitement had gone" and he told me to leave him alone. I was devastated. Then a month later he started dating some other girl, which only lasted about 2 weeks.

Now he's texted me: "Hey, I know you won't reply to this and I don't know if you saw me, but you looked really beautiful in [workplace] today, just wanted to tell you."

Why would he bother saying that to me after the way he just threw me away?

Favorite Answer

Because he really wasn't the harmony in your life you needed to keep going with him in it. Feelings and emotions have to have that run together to make it all work out. His harmonic love to you was not in the right area. Possessive and untrustworthy with you and you know that is all bunk......