I DID find "SOME" 2012 World Figure Skating [highlights-Russian Pairs skating] on Youtube.com?

SOME 2012 Wolrd Figure Skating Championships on Youtube.com; Where is everyone else. I wanted to see some speciifc skaters (from various TRADITOINALLY NON-skating countries; Mexico, Turkey, etc.)

Should "WE" skating fans start petition about NOT having figure skating scarificed and NOT on television. I'll start

Favorite Answer

Okay, what exactly are you asking here?

This channel uploaded all the programs from Worlds 2012: http://www.youtube.com/user/NikaQuest/

As did this one: http://www.youtube.com/user/LaRiservaNice2012

Neither uploaded the preliminary round though.

The thing about traditionally non-skating countries is that their skaters rarely make it into competitions as big as worlds. There were a few skaters and pair/dance teams from Mexico and Turkey in the preliminary rounds, but none of them made it into the actual competition. That's probably why you can't find any videos of them - because they didn't actually compete.

The countries that are most dominant in skating are Russia, Japan, Canada, USA, and even China, France and Italy have a fair few good skaters. Therefore, those countries get the most spots at worlds and their skaters will be the ones you see the most in the competition.

But rest assured that every skater that skated in the actual worlds competition (again, this is excluding the preliminary round) can be found on YouTube.

Well, here's the thing.

Your traditionally non-skating countries may not have qualified a pair for Worlds. Therefore, no coverage of them will exist from the World championships because they were not there.

The Youtube user NikaQuest has everyone, I think. Last night she was getting the videos up so fast I was watching Artur Gachinsky's LP again while they were resurfacing the ice just after him!

I would love to see figure skating on my TV. But as I'm in Australia, I doubt that would ever happen. When a country doesn't have "big stars", the coverage is less. Is that fair? No, but it's business. "big stars" pull in the casual viewer. I wonder if the USFSA is looking at Johnny Weir's comeback that way.

Source(s): figure skater/fan