Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 9 years ago

Pythagoreans theorem. Please help!! Kumon involved and best answer 10 points!!?

Hi! I'm confused about Pythagorean theoreum. Could someone please explain it to me? Also to anyone who does kumon can u please tell me what'll be on the level I test. Not the questions just like what I'll be doing. Thanks

Best answer goes to whoever answers atleast one of the questions w/ a lot of detail. Thanks sooo much!

Favorite Answer

Pythagoras' theorem is basically a formula you can use to work out the length of unknown side of a right-angled triangle.

a(squared) + b(squared) = c(squared)

c is the hypotenuse (the longest side in a right-angled triangle, opposite the right angle) and a and b are the other two sides.

E.g. There's a right hand side triangle, and you don't know what the length of the hypotenuse is. You know that the two other sides are 2cm and 3cm.

a = 2

b = 3

c = ?

(you have to make sure that 'c' is the hypotenuse, but 'a' and 'b' can be any of the other two sides. It doesn't matter. Does that make sense? So you could make a = 3 and b = 2. It might seem obvious but I know I was kinda confused about it when I first learnt pythag.)

2(squared) + 3(squared) = c(squared)

4 + 9 = c(squared)

13 = c(squared)

c = the square root of 13.

Therefore, the length of the hypotenuse is the square root of 13cm (approx. 3.61cm.)

You can also rearrange the equation:

a(squared) = c(squared) - b(squared)

b(squared) = c(squared) - a(squared)

Source(s): school

The diagonal of a right triangle is called the hypotenuse. The formula for figuring out the length of the hypotenuse is C² = A² + B². The A and B are the other two sides of the right triangle.

Let's say the "A" leg is 15 and the "B" leg is 20. We calculate this as

C² = 15² + 20²

C² = (15 * 15) + (20 * 20)

C² = 225 + 400

C = √225 + √400

C = √625

C = 25

If we know C and we looking for A or B, then we use algebra to figure out the missing side.

I don't know what kumon is.

You must be a Kumon math student. Just remember that doing kumon is to help you to get ahead in school. If you don't really understand what Pythagorean theoreum is, you should go ask your Kumon instructor instead of posting your question here. Your Kumon instructor should be able to explain it to you or lead you to an example in your kumon worksheet.

Again, whether if you pass Level I achievement test is not important. The most important thing is whether you really, truly understand the content/concepts in level I.

It will be wasting your time and your parents' money if you pass the test but don't really understand the content.

I would answer, but u r a weasley. Nah go use your magic weasel!!!