Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 years ago

How to Face My Father Again?

I am a 14 year old boy at a school in a bad part of town, because all my friends are there. I live two towns away, and have been a pot smoker for the past year. I am frequently depressed and use pot as my out to feel happy again. My father has caught me many times between Oct 2011 to January 2012 and he finally trusts me again, accept for the issue. I can't stay off it. Without it i feel that my life is nothing and I have no hopes of happiness. Due to this I have been smoking again since mid february (I was clean since early January before then). Last night I was feeling particularly shitty and hot boxed my bathroom, and was so high that I did nothing to take care of the smell or clean up and I just passed out. My Mother awoke me in the middle of the night when she returned from some party (she is a very high class, anti drug woman) and told me she knew I had smoked that night. My parents are divorced and don't talk often, but my mother said she has to tell my Dad. I was devastated because I had spoken to my dad just hours before, and was supposed to call him back, but didn't. This all happened last night and today I got a text from my dad saying "You didn't call me back :(" and just that little smiley, the sad face emoticon ripped my heart out. I know its silly but a wave of guilt just washes over me. I can't bring myself to talk to my dad, as he obviously doesn't know yet. My mom is going to tell him today and I just don't know what to do. Im just to ashamed to face him. Please help me...

I spend lunch money on pot. I haven't had lunch since february...

Favorite Answer

man up and call him and tell him that you are sorry for not calling. He might be happy to hear from you. If he ask why you did not call then tell him the truth. It will be hard but a first step in living up to his expectations.

This is your mess so as hard as it may be you need to clean it up. Ask your mom to let you tell your dad. You need to tell him everything you just said. You obviously are depressed and need some help. You’re not addicted to pot; you’re addicted to the feeling of being happy. You can be happy without it, you just need some help. Tell your dad this and ask if he can make you an appointment with a therapist. Maybe even a family therapist. Tell him you know you disappointed him and you are sorry. You need to handle this, not your mom. Maybe the three of you need to have this talk together.

I feel kind of like a jerk for saying this but you really need to go see someone about this obsession and I don't know if you want to hear this but you need Jesus. Ask for forgiveness and he will lead you away from this horror. Apologize to your dad and tell him you understand what you've done. And if you feel guilty enough that will be your motivation to quit. I will be praying for you.

Source(s): Heaven

how do you get the money for so much weed when you're 14? I'm not being sarcastic I'm honestly curious

As they say in France:

Your a screwed.