What are the top of the line brands for headphones/earbuds?

I need someone who knows what they're talking about to tell me what are the top of the line brands for earbuds/headphones. I don't want the so called "affordable and light and good quality that saves you money" headphones. I mean professional and excellent quality headphones. Price doesn't matter.

Favorite Answer

Price no object? Ultimate Ears' UE-10 earbuds run about $1000 and are custom fit (you'll see the doctor and have them take a mold of your ear). Shure 535 run about$500, but some peoploe say they lack bass. Sennheiser HD 800 ($1400)/700 ($1000) are good too, but require a massive amp and DAC to get the best sound possible from them. Grado GS1000 and PS1000 are both excellent headphones at $1000 and $1600 respectively. Denon AH-7000 are good too, at $700.

Keep in mind, you'll need to spend at LEAST $300 on a good DAC, a good headphone amp, and a high quality audio rip to get the best possible sound from any of these 'phones.

Source(s): Beats suck.

Bose range for comfort listening, MONSTER Beats by dr dre MIXRS for DJ proffesional use and seinhisser for great sound quality! If money isn't a problem choose the £200-300 bose or seinhisser but stick with mixrs for DJ use.

Source(s): Experience in headphones.

Beats if you have £100s to spend, Seinheiser if you have a smaller budget for same quality headphones as beats

• Ashley

Beats & Bose are both terrible. Try Sennheiser.

• Brent

Dre beats