How do i clean my newly peirced ear?

Just peirced my own ear, i tried to be as sterile as possible but i dont think it worked. i pushed the needle in and then when i took it out to put the earing in, i found that the hole was to small so i just got my flatmate to force it through and it took us about an hour to do. didnt go to very well to plan but at least its done. now im worried about infection. so what do i do to keep it clean?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

The best way to clean it is to use sea salt. Take one tea-spoon and 8oz of water mix. Then you could take a cotton ball of pad and dip in salt water and hold on ear for about 5-10 a few times a day. Sea salt draws out any impurities. I clean all my piercings this way and I have never had any infections. Also when you mix the water make sure the container you put it in is clean as well as your hands. But I honestly don't think that you have much to worry about. When you use a needle and take it out the hole closes very fast as you can see. Good luck!

Source(s): I have lots of tattoos & piercing.