Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

I want to be in a relationship but I'm so scared?

So, I have never been in a relationship before or even kissed a guy and I'm an 18 year old girl. I'm really shy, and I have an anxiety disorder, also I have been really hurt in the past so I feel like I don't want to be rejected, so whenever anyone likes me I push them away. But now I think this guy likes me, and the thought of it disgusts me, I am disgusted by myself that I feel this way, its so bad. How do I work through this? Please help!

I have no clue what suggestion to make. I hope you will be able to find your inner strength, and capture the opportunity when it comes.

You are still very young. Don't get too stressed out, and take one step at a time. Keep talking to people who can and are wanting to help you. Good luck!

You need to really examine yourself, and learn what it is that really bothers you about dating. Are you nervous, or do you lack self-confidence?

Check out http://www.screwthesinglelife.com/ to find out why you're still single.

Good luck!

If you were hurt badly then maybe you're just not ready for another relationship. give it some time

If you like him back, go for it. It can be scary, but you will learn to like it when you find the right person :)