Why when you search for suicide information all you get is?

suicide support numbers and websites that pretend give you suicide advise but are only jokes or long explanations that tell you not to commit suicide. i mean its really annoying its not like i would actually kill myself or anything but to know i could if i wanted to would be a relief. it'd be like an escape button not that i'd use it but just to know its there, but you can't find anything online and if i could i would purchase a gun myself a keep it for that reason but i can't not that i'm underage but other reasons. why do you think they do that online when you ask about suicide? btw i just want be clear i'm not suicidal just thinking.

Favorite Answer

Well there are multiple websites and hotlines because they truely don't want you to end your life. Sometimes they aren't enough. Many times people directly need to call 911 or drive themselves to the hospital. I agree, they are long winded explanations on why not to kill yourself, but they do try to help.

I would have to agree with you there partially. The fact sheets that are given out for most mental health conditions (not restricted to depressive disorders) are not much help, other than to educate those who have the condition or those who have to care for one who is afflicted. These fact sheets, however, are NOT intended to give you support. For proper support, one would need to contact a counselor or their GP for face-to-face sessions.

It's because they do not want you to commit suicide

Why do you think people kill themselves?