Why didn't world landmarks turn out their lights during Earth Hour?

Except The Great Wall of China, no other landmark did it. There were always a few lights on.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Some landmarks such as the Eiffel tower are required by law to have lights on for safety reasons. Other than that I have no idea

• 9 years ago

What's the point of this?

Just one hour out of the year? Why not spend one hour to make improvements that will help save energy all year round instead of simply turning the lights entirely?

There's a 5 story office building near me that leaves its lights inside on 24/7. If they just turned their lights off, that would easily save enough power to run over 150 houses. A Day. I'm pretty sure they won't be turning off their lights during this pointless Earth Hour.

There's several other places like this too. Weekdays, weekends, it doesn't matter. All the office lights are always on.

• 9 years ago

Not being able to see tall landmarks in the dark is dangerous - planes could crash into them.

• 9 years ago

Does it really matter? No matter how many people turn off their lights, the coal burning facilities are always running...

Also, tall buildings can't turn off their lights in case planes crash into them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Paine
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Cause they realised it wouldn't make a jot of a difference.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.