I went to donate plasma today and was turned down because they said I had too many tattoos?

Since when is having too many tattoos disqualify you. I have 18. They were done more than a year ago so I don't see the problem. They act like they need donors so bad but deny me because of a little ink? I don't get it.

Favorite Answer

I don't get it either.

I regularly donate blood, not plasma but i suspect the criteria for being allowed to donate is the same.

Where i am in Australia, the number of tattoos a person has is not taken into consideration at all. Only the time which has elapsed from the last tattoo is considered. If you've had a tattoo done in the last 18 months you are not allowed to donate.

Like i said, i don't get why you'd be denied. I would say that the reason is not the ink itself but the possibility of diseases contracted from the APPLICATION of that ink.

They do that because it's an STD/AIDS risk... (Don't get mad a me; it's their rules because many people were infected with those diseases from blood donated by people with tattoos).

A few years ago I remember when David Beckham wanted to donate blood for one of his relatives in desperate need for it, and, they turned him down for the very same reason. He was absolutely crashed...

• com.18

their probably scared that your tattoos haven't been done by proper tattooist's,that's the only reason i can think ( fik them at least you offered i have tattoos myself .never heard of being refused for having them )

because I was drunk nightbefore

that sucks