Why would anyone want to sell their soul to the devil?

I mean we have atheists here who won't believe in Heaven of Hell but even in then you would sell your soul at the cost of burning in a fire for an eternity? Just saying that sounds terrifying and even if I was an atheist (which I am not) I would never sell my soul to anyone or anything in exchange for nice things that would end in my life being burned to shreds forever more. The comments I was reading from people in some article I found are just interesting but up to a certain point I was even scared to respond from the way some people responded to wanting to sell their souls. Your thoughts?

Favorite Answer

FAME people are stupid. I wouldn't sell my should to anyone, for anything!

Unfortunately, my former hubby said he sold his ... but he thinks it was for christ's sake ... IDK if that stuff is real or not ... alot of that seems idol driven perception to me ... as my daughter p[laced her thumb print of her forehead and asked, daddy, I just wanna be me ... (in essence, not anyone else) ... from out of the mouth of babes, you have ordained praise ... what praises God more for our being that to have a child love whom she was meant to be ...

Rain, are you referring to some who act ... aka Miolan-Carvalho as Marguerite (1860) ... that would be kinda "hollywood" ... would be kewl in movies when they do biographies ... like if someone did biography of Abraham Lincoln ... and they called upon his spirit for guidance in the movie and through the actor ... or the Passion of christ to call upon Jesus Christ (may be I'm delayed on this representation, cause I empathisized with Him) (sad, very sad, I cried for days) ...

Alois - there is a sorcery spell to bring a being back from the dead, but it's considered possession and against God's law, causes alotta weight/mostly in the form of yeast/gangrene ... since in our system, that's what yeast turns into to start the decomposition process ... but there are certain proticols to the ritual ... I'd have to research ... but I'd be concerned they would resurrect the spirits from the dead sea ... spirits meant to not see God again, unless it's as the scapegoating scripture mentions and the wrong spirits were sent there ... cause my former hubby mentioned, there are no good people in heaven .... so where are the good people??? hopefully not in the dead sea ... arghhh , this world is so screwed up ...

Probably for the same reason people want to worship the fictional character called God. They lack sense.

Quite right as your attorney I recommend you lease your soul to the overlord and take it back on weekends ...

Hey, hey, we do NOT do that.

It doesn't work anyways.

And it beats me why Christians do that (check out story of Faust and all that). There's no gain, no pain. You don't got soul.

Atheists might say that as a "joke." They are saying that ironically because they don't believe in it. They can't do that if they don't believe in it. kinda like saying it has no effect on them

From what I've seen in books and animes: to bring someone back from the dead or avenge someone's death most likely.

They want the money, money and the cars, cars and the clothes.

http://satanslibrary.webs.com/Origins_of_Satanism....

This excerpt quote from the Catholic Encyclopedia is very revealing:

In the same way the Greeks and Romans may have worshipped their divinities, fondly believing them to be good. But the Christian Scriptures declare that all the gods of the Gentiles are demons.

Catholic Encyclopedia: Devil Worship

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04767a.h%E2%80%A6

DEMONS ARE THE GODS OF THE GENTILES!!!!

Satanism is not a Christian invention

Satanism predates Christianity and all other religions

Satanism is not about "evil"

Satanism is not about death

True Satanism is about elevating and empowering humanity to reach equality with the Gods, which was our True Creator (Satan's) intention

"IN THE SECRET OF MY KNOWLEDGE THERE IS NO GOD BUT ME"

-SATAN

From "Peace Be Unto Him"

http://www.joyofsatan.com/

Due to centuries of misinformation, lies, and the systematic removal of knowledge, few people these days understand or even know what “Satanism” really is all about.

Christianity has been at liberty to dictate without any opposition, what they CLAIM Satanism to be. In order to accomplish this, the truth had to be destroyed. The Catholic Church (the original Christian Church, from which all Christian sects have evolved), heinously tortured to death and mass-murdered millions of innocent men, women and children in what was known as "The Inquisition." Some children who were burnt to death in what were known as "witch houses" were as young as two years of age.

Christians forever rant and rave concerning the "one world order" where all identities, cultures, personal privacies, and liberties will be lost and humanity, after being systematically bar-coded, will be lumped into a one-world slave state. What they fail to see is how their own so-called "religion" and bible have always been and are the roots of and blueprint for this regime. Everything in the Judeo/Christian Bible has been stolen and corrupted from religions predating Judaism, Christianity, and Islam from hundreds to thousands of years. Through Judaism and its tool of Christianity, all of the original spiritual teachings from around the world, (which are CONCEPTS) have been stolen from, lumped together into the "one," and corrupted into Jewish archetypes and characters and fictitious places. This has given the Jewish people as a whole a false history, political power and "spiritual" authority to which they are not entitled.

The bible is a very powerful subliminal tool to control the masses. One can see this is a man-made work as there are endless contradictions. The bible has been systematically drummed into the minds of the populace from a very early age. A lie must always be enforced as opposed to the truth which can stand on its own. Because spiritual knowledge and occult power have been removed and kept in the hands of a "chosen" few, the unknowing populace has been helpless against it. The agenda here is to create a one-world slave state with the "chosen" few ruling at the top. The perpetrators of course blame Satan to create a necessary distraction, while they use occult power to accomplish their ends. They have a history of stealing from and blaming their enemies for everything they really are and do, while always holding themselves in the highest esteem and innocence.

The original religions now known as "Satanism" (by the way, "Satan" means "enemy" in Hebrew), were all based upon what is known as the "Magnum Opus" or Great Work. The one known as "Satan" is our True Creator God. He was prevented by the other Gods from finishing his work on humanity, that of the godhead. The godhead is physical and spiritual perfection. Now, if you continue to read on, I will prove this.

The serpent is seen everywhere in ancient relics and structures. The serpent was held sacred in all areas of the ancient world. Satan is the God Ea, aka ENKI, one of the first of the Nephilim to arrive on this planet and establish the first civilization. In Sumerian mythology, Enki's symbol was always the serpent.

The serpent represents the DNA, the life force and the kundalini and has survived as the emblem of the American Medical Association and Veterinary medicine, where it is symbolic of life and healing. Only with the coming of Judeo/Christianity, has this sacred symbol been desecrated and blasphemed.

Nearly all of us are familiar with the term "fallen." This word has been used copiously by Christian clergy to refer to Satan and his Demons. In truth, "fallen" pertains to the kundalini serpent (which has always been associated with our Creator God Satan), which has fallen in humanity as a whole and now lies dormant at the base of the spine. Because of this, humanity as a whole is on a very low level of spiritual understanding. Thoughtless abuses of children and animals, senseless wars, brutality and endless corruption are the results of the fallen serpent.....

http://www.joyofsatan.com/

Something to do when there's nothing on TV.