My teeth are transparent?!?!?

I am a female 14 year old, I don't have braces or any medical conditions. My two front,upper teeth are becoming almost see through at the very tips. You can't actually see through them but they are translucent almost. What is this and how can I sotp/fix it?

Favorite Answer

Stop drinking so much soda. It destroys the enamel in your teeth.

This is from the websites -

The most common cause for transparent teeth is overbrushing with teeth whitening tooth pastes and also home whitening kits.

Systemic issues can also play a role at times.

The best resource for determining if you have a systemic issue operating is a Periodontist. These specialists also have access to professional grade remineralizing agents that far outstrip what can be obtained over the counter.

This is perfectly normal and what you see is the enamel covering your teeth without the underlying dentin getting in the way. This layer varies in thickness in different people and as you get older this will become less prominent due to the natural wear of teeth as you get older. There is nothing to be concerned about and there is nothing wrong with you or your teeth.

Source(s): DDS
  • Little

Your enamel on your teeth is being distroyed