What are the steps in selling a home by owner if you're the seller?
Just wondering the basic steps in selling a home by owner if you're the seller?
- ca_surveyorLv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
1) Clean the place up and make it as attractive as possible
2) Prepare a summary statement of all the good and bad things. Get a multiple listings application form to guide you in 'disclosure' laws.
3) You can contact a real estate broker/sales person to get an idea of the value and some guideance but if you are not going to list with them they will not provide you a high level of service.
4) Determne your selling price.
5) Advertise and schedule your own open and showing times.
6) Wait for an offer.. if you get one decide how to respond...
from there on it has a lot of variations.. if you get this far think about having a lawyer help you. It will be less then 6% of the sales price.