Sophie asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

Can you get an infection from shaving your vagina ?

I've only been shaving it for a few days now and I want to know if I should continue shaving or not in case I get a infection.

• Kasha
    Favorite Answer

You can't shave your vagina - your vagina is inside your body, the area that you shave is where pubic hair grows which is around your vulva, pubis mons and bikini line.

Shaving can't cause a vaginal infection unless you get shaving foam or soap inside your vulva or vagina. It can lead to infected ingrown hairs, because pubic hair is to coarse ingrown hairs are very common when shaving pubic hair and given the warm/moist environment bacteria can thrive so lead to infection in ingrown hairs or cuts from shaving. Shaving also causes irritation and if sexually active as it increases skin-to-skin contact it can increase risk of STI's.

If u cut ur self in that sensitive area then u probably might get an infection as well