what city is better overall? NYC or Los angeles?

My Dad is moving to New york city, and my Mom is moving to Los angeles..soo yea

Favorite Answer

Depends on your personality and what you will feel you would vibe with...NYC many people dress artsy and don't care about being prestigious or overly sophisticated. There is a lot of diversity and you will find great places to eat due that. You don't have to have a car to live in NYC to get around either because the subway system is very vast. Cons are the weather is cold 5-6 months out of the year, the people are very fast paced, crass and anything goes and they won't even bat an eye and unusual things. In LA, people can be very uppity, stylish and many have been known to be fake and materialistic. But one thing I like about LA is the fact that the beach is close and people love to showcase their beautiful bodies and the weather is beautiful most of the time...70 and 80 degree temperatures are the norm. Both places have their ups and downs, there is the have and the have nots in both places but the lifestyles of both cities can be adaptable. I say do some research on google and see what you learn about both cities first. Look at the school systems, crime statistics etc and make your choice based on what your feel matches with your personality. Maybe even stay a few months with each parent and see which city you like the best. Good luck

I love New York City a lot more, but Los Angeles is nice.

I would like to live in NYC and spend my summers and school breaks in LA.

Split your time, New York City in the summer, Los Angeles in the winter, until you discover where you feel most comfortable. Both cities have their pros and cons.

• Jay R

NYC is amazing in many ways. L.A. is disappointing in many ways. I've lived in both places and I'd recommend NYC as the better city.