Warning light problems on 2004 buick LeSabre?

A few months ago on my 2004 Buick LeSabre a warning on the dash says “fuel cap is not tight.” I retightened the fuel cap several times without clearing the warning. I then put on a new gas cap but continue to get this warning. Then a service engine soon warning appeared. I took the car to a service station. They performed a smoke test on the emission system and could not find a problem. They suspect I have a faulty computer module. They said it was very expensive to replace the computer module and that I can continue to drive the car without any worry. Now the fuel gage does not work. Could the fuel gage be related to the “fuel cap is not tight” problem?

Favorite Answer

It can be if the computer is junk then it could be causing your gas reading on your dash to fail or the gas gauge its self is bad i would suggest if you dont have the money to replace the computer and its not the fuel gauge then dont worry about it and as long as you know how much fuel you consume in a week (say half a tank) as long as you remember to fill up every week you wont have to worry about running out of fuel